To provide greater design flexibility and enable the implementation of different Compact PCI system configurations, the Serial version features serial backplane communications and provides, among other things, the following:
- Scalable multiprocessor systems and CPU cluster via PCIe or Ethernet
- RAID systems with up to 8 SATA lanes, for example, for data recording of video surveillance systems
- NAS systems to access data from the cloud, networked CPU modules and SATA hard drive.
- Multi-monitor systems to control up to 32 displays as infotainment, digital signage and control rooms.
- Flexible configurations with WLAN, UMTS, HSDPA, LTE and GSM to support up to 8 cards, each with two radio modules.